Wednesday, September 8, 2010

End of the Line

Well friends, it's been a grand journey from January until now (September 8th).  There have been so many lessons, two 5k runs (for those who are wondering, I did complete the Camp Meeting 5k in June with a time of 36 minutes give or take a few seconds...it was much harder than the April run with lots of hills and ladies with baby carriages passing me!  I did however, finish what I started and I'm pretty geeked about that! :)), and a lifetime of inspiration and admiration for those who run consistently. 

A few weeks ago, just after decided that I would continue running since I didn't EVER want to have to go through the intense training again, I suffered a grade three calf strain and was unable to walk for 5 days, was on crutches and then limping in a soft cast for a week and after some time of wrapping and taking it easy, have finally begun walking daily.  It will be a while before I'm back on the trail, but hopefully, because I've learned so much and had such an amazing journey with the Lord through all of this, I will begin again.

Thanks for supporting my blog, for supporting my runs and for loving Jesus Christ, who gives us such amazing bodies, minds and hearts! 

Keep running the race, our prize is just up ahead!

Kasey

No comments:

Post a Comment