Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Feb 8th--W5D2 Playing Catch Up

Well hello friends!

I thought I'd take some time to catch up on my blog...it's been a while.  Yes, I am still running, I haven't given up yet.  Although it's an option I consider periodically.  Like yesterday. And today.  And probably tomorrow.

But no matter, the training is progressing and I am impressed with the fact that I am wearing one size smaller dress pants today than I wore in January.  I know, I know, it's not about the weight loss.  (yeah, right)  It's about getting healthy and doing what's right for my life and my family.  It's about taking control of my choices and making new healthy habits. It's......ok, that's enough of that.

It's about weight loss too.

I went to the doctor yesterday for my annual physical.  Everything was great except I am the same weight I was a year ago.  After a month of back breaking training, I am still the exact same weight???? What?  Are you kidding me?  Doesn't that scale know I just finished DAY 1 of WEEK 5 in the Couch to 5K training program!!!!???? Doesn't it realize that by Friday I'll be running 20 minutes STRAIGHT?????  How can this be?

I just don't get it.  Especially as I sit here in my smaller size dress pants...

So yeah, today I'm a bit frustrated.  But there is good news.  I've been blessed by being introduced to a great new nutrition program and some encouragement from a friend.  It's so great to have someone say, "put down the hot chocolate and whip up a smoothie" every now and then.

I've made it another day without having to tip toe to the nearest Walmart candy aisle where the chocolate beckons. Thanks to you, my will power survives. 

My weight may be the same, but there are always new things to appreciate.

Till next time, keep running!

No comments:

Post a Comment